Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Cup of Chatter with Sean*


Good afternoon, Hawk. How have you been?
First off, I am Sean, aka The Chaplain. My brother is The Hawk. Anyways, I am good.

How are your preparations coming for the Kiva Cup?
I don’t really do any formal preparations for The Kiva Cup except I usually start to ramp up my nicotine intake three weeks prior to the practice round.

You recently had an ace at Green Valley. Walk us through that shot.
It was a glorious time for the Chaplain. My captain and I were playing in a practice round at Green Valley. As a pull up to 17 I take a swig of Jack and Diet Coke and smoke half a cig and pulled out a wedge. We were getting beat so I knew I needed something tight. I told captain "this is going to be as tight as Reba's labia". Well I hit it tight. Tight into the hole! I did lose control momentarily and screamed "take that you m#ther f@ckers" at our playing opponents.

Any chance of seeing that at Kiva?
Guaranteed.

There’s been some turnover on Team Europe, but you’re a mainstay. What does the Kiva Cup mean to you?
The $100 I win every year means more than anything.

How will this new guy, Boogie I believe is his name, affect the harmony of Team Europe?
Boogie is a fraternity brother of mine and a fellow member of Green Valley Golf Club. Harmony is never an issue with Europeans. I hear that this is not the same with Team USA.

You missed the Spring event, but Europe handily defeated the Americans in what may be the most humiliating defeat of a team and its individual members in the history of golf. Any chance that the USA can recover before Kiva?
I sure hope so. I want to stay until Sunday.

Do you ever get bored with Team USA and their lack of ability to provide competition?
My matches have usually been pretty good matches. Contrary to popular belief our team has respect for Team USA (well most members).

You’ve been paired with your brother, Hawk, in a few Kiva Cup matches. Tell us what that is like?
I like it. We’ve played golf together all our lives so we know each others likes and dislikes.

You’re involved in a lot of sports activities. How does this effect your golf game?
Are you referring to my drinking and smoking?

What do you look forward to most at Kiva?
Drinking and smoking.

What’s the key to another European victory?
Probably me being able to drink and smoke.

Thanks for your time.
You don't have a cigarette do you?

No, sorry.
Damn independent.



*All Team Europe interviews are conducted under the strictest dictatorial oversight of Captain Brian. Neither this interviewer nor this website nor the USGA nor JerriLee can verify the authenticity of any European interview.

1 comment:

Katie said...

excellent interview with the Chaplain.