Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Cup of Chatter with The Doctor

Welcome back, Mr. Burke. How do you feel?
I feel Frantastic!

This is your second Kiva Cup. Before we get to this year, I’d like to revisit last year. What were your impressions of the Kiva Cup?
Well, I was caught off guard by how serious both sides take this event. I enjoyed every minute of it except for the 3.5 hours Alabama loss.

Besides a victory, what did you take away from last year’s event?
First and foremost that I should not kid around with Chris when he hits a chip 2 inches. Apparently he has been in therapy since that comment.

Were you surprised at the lack of talent on Team USA?
Very much so.

How have you incorporated the last year’s Cup experience in to your preparations for this year’s event?
Well I realized that I really don’t need too much preparation. I am really looking forward to eating at Tacky Jacks II. Keith and I love the food there.

While Team USA is made up of individuals with long histories, lifelong friends, family, and FAMILY, the captain of Team Europe pulls in the best talent that he can find. Do you feel any pressure to perform well when surrounding by so a depth of talent?
No.

You’re playing with your boss, Boogie, this year? How do you think that this will affect your game?
It will slow me down a little since I have to fill his divots and clean his clubs and whatnot but other than that it should be business as usual.

I’ll be speaking to Boogie soon. If I’m correct, you’ve been with your employer for over 12 years now. Want me to hit Boogie up for you a raise?
Yes.

What Team USA lacks in golfing ability they make up for in creativity, or so they think. Why do you think that they call you “The Doctor”?
Because they are ghey.

What are you looking forward to at this year’s event?
Probably cleaning up on Sunday. I like that a good bit.

Thank you Andrew.
Not a problem. Hey, don't forget to mention my raise to Boogie.

Will do.

No comments: