Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Additional Team Members Announced for The Kiva Cup

Retired Kiva Cup Legend Jammy Erwin and new Team Europe Captain Hawk announcing the blind draw for Singles in the 2012 Kiva Cup, a much revered Cup tradition.  James "Boogie" Stewart and Andy look on in amusement.

The Proper Forum has learned the identities of the new members of Team USA and Team Europe to fill out the 10 man rosters for the 16th Annual Kiva Cup. Sources close to new European Captain Kevin "Hawk" Halcomb have indicated that Hawk has brought in David Kyatt and and Scott "Hal" Sutton to round out his roster.  Attempts by The Proper to reach Hawk were unsuccessful due to his ongoing tour of the great Scottish Links courses in preparation for this year's Cup.

Longtime USA Captain James H. "Jim" Hartsell, released this statement from the Team USA headquarters in South Pittsburg, TN:  

I am very pleased to announce that we are bringing back Sam Thompson of Decatur, Alabama and Robert "Bobby" Huffman of Birmingham, Alabama to Team USA. Both are hard-noised competitors and have been a part of victorious Team USA sides in the past. The move to 10 man teams is great for the future of the Kiva Cup and we look forward to a match of great sportsmanship and intense competition. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Captain Hawk and his love of the game. He is a true Cup legend and I'm sure this Cup will be one of the best ever.

The inaugural Kiva Cup was held in late November 2003 and consisted of 4 man teams. Team Europe members were: Brian Burnett, Kevin "Hawk" Halcomb, Sean "Chappy" Halcomb and Richard L. "Dalton" Huguley. Team USA members were: Mark J. Skiba, James L. "Jammy Erwin, Chief Hartsell and Jim Hartsell.  The Cup expanded to 6 man teams in 2006 and then to 8 man teams around 2010. 


13 comments:

Hawk said...

I need to call that lady.

Jack Nicklaus said...

Disappointed in you Jim. I thought we were cut from the same cloth. I’m sure Pat Reed has room in his fan club.

Hawk said...

I have really enjoyed being Captain with Jarrod. Let's do this for the next 20 years little buddy.

Son said...

Going to miss you guys this year. Thanks for not only kicking me off the team but adding two other players.

Marilyn Kay said...

Kevin please remember what Jarrod said about me a few years ago. I don't know what I did to deserve a comment like that.

Davis said...

Dad I know you only play golf now 4 days a week after I was born. Sorry you've had to cut back. Anyway I just shit my pants. Where's mom?

Tron Carter said...

Well this is bullshit. Jim promised me a spot on the team last weekend.

Coach Trump said...

This event is HUGE. Probably the biggest golf tournament that's not on one of the courses I own. I'll tell ya, I went to that Masters in Georgia and it's got nothing on the Kiva Cup. This event is first class with some of the BEST people on the planet. I'd like to thank Greg Milam for his generous donation. Great, great man.

Dr. Ford said...

Is there somebody in this group that goes by Chappy or The Chaplain? I have a memory coming back to me of being touched at Papa Rocco's by this predator.

Sweetens Cove said...

Good luck next week Jim. We have heard Kiva is an 18 hole rated course. Wanted to make sure you were aware.

Brick said...

Ready to watch this AU game with Jarrod. He values my comment on AU. Ton of respect for the program and Team USA.

Sam said...

Can't wait to be paired with Jim all 4 rounds. Going to be a blast. Hope he can keep me calm.

Gulf Shores Mini Golf said...

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes we can reserve a round for 20 players on Friday night. Unfortunately there is no discount if you bring your own putter and ball. Sorry for the inconvenience.