Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Cup of Chatter with Boogie

Good afternoon, Mr. Stewart. Thanks for taking some time for us.
Please, call me Boogie. Take all the time you need. I'm billing this as a service call.

You’re a Kiva Cup rookie. What do you expect to see at Kiva Dunes?
Lots of cursing, club tossing, and drinking.

How well do you know your fellow European teammates?
I know Hawk, Chaplain, & Andrew very well. We are all members of the exclusive Country Club of Green Valley. I have played with Captain several times and know of his reputation in my hometown of Hueytown. I know nothing of Dalton Huguley.

The Europeans are fierce competitors. Are you feeling any pressure?
I am from Hueytown do you think I feel pressure.

What are you looking forward to most at Kiva Dunes?
Probably the golf.

Have you ever played Kiva Dunes before?
Once but I was drunk

Due to the lack of competition, some Kiva matches are considered “boring”. How do you plan to pass the time if you find yourself in a non-competitive round?
I’ve not given that any thought.

You might want to pick up a Sodoku book.
Gahzendheit

Despite their lack of talent, some members of Team USA can be quite volatile on and off the course. Have you been warned to avoid eye contact with any members of the opposition?
I have been told that Skiba has a temper like no other and cannot putt so I should not give him any putts. On the other hand Jim has been described to me as “a big teddy bear” and makes all putts within 10 feet. I have also been told that mind games do not work with Jarrod because he is so mentally strong.

I’ve got to ask. How did you get your nickname?
Two words – Running Man.

How will you celebrate your first Kiva Cup Victory?
I figure I’ll just go home.

Do you prefer scrub to toilets or bathtubs?
Due to my management experience, Captain Brian has made me Chief Toilet Pube Inspector.

Thanks for your time.
Not a problem. There's an hour minimum on the service call, you got anything else.

No, that's all I had.
Hey, it's your dime.

1 comment:

KivaCup said...

Welcome to Team Europe Boogie.

You have some really tough shoes to fill replacing The Wizard of Fort Morgan.